Tuesday, November 25, 2008

39 Weeks and Counting...

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday - and I guess you could say it went really well. I'm still pregnant, but other than that all news was positive:) I'm 39 weeks now, still at 4.5 cm and 90% effaced. Dr. Kauffman said that he was honestly amazed that I haven't gone into labor yet (it's always fun when you can baffle your doctor;). We've joked that Malachi is going to wait and come on Thanksgiving - he'd smell the food and come right out! But the truth is there is a good chance that he could come thursday since there's a good chance he could come any day - so Dr. Kauffman gave us his cell number just in case. I really hope that we don't have to pull him away from his family on Thanksgiving though:P If I haven't gone into labor by next Monday he wants to schedule an induction for the following Monday which would be 6 days past my due date...I really hope I don't go that long, but once again I am definitely not the one in control here.

Aaron is a few weeks into basketball season now, the boys first game is December 2nd - our due date:) - in Hutch. Last night they had a scrimmage showcase for the parents to come and watch and see how the teams are coming along. I think Aaron came away really encouraged - the boys played really well and are showing a lot of potential! It should be a fun season:)

I have a big praise the Lord - Ginger is starting to feel better! She had such a rough first trimester but the last week or so she's gotten stronger and more like her old self every day:) I hung out with her and Gina yesterday, we worked on a puzzle that was missing a lot of pieces - good times:) But it's so good to see Ginger up and around again, and for her old smile to be back:) Praise the Lord! I knew Baby Spanky would be nice to her eventually;)

I think that's everything for now - hopefully next time I post I'll have a baby:) God bless!

1 comment:

BEK said...

I heard the good news yesterday! Can't wait to hear all about it!