Tuesday, February 8, 2011

That's Hot

For this post I thought I would pull a picture out of my archives that would bring those who see it a myriad of emotions. It might start as shock with a side of nausea but just wait - as you take it in and gaze at the reflective sheen of our oversized shoulder puffs, that nausea will become - wait for it - ah yes, pure joy.
Well maybe joy is a stretch.
But it is entertaining right? I love that somewhere in the world there are 2 self-respecting women that actually wore these and felt beautiful. And those same two women realized that the world of Goodwill would be benefitted by their sacrifice and fast forward 20 years my sister and I could look like this!
Now our mom truly deserves our gratitude - she decided to have a costume murder mystery party for her birthday a couple of years ago which gave Ginger and I the perfect venue to strut our Aquanet lovin, face paint wearin, shoulder pad packin' style. I'm not really sure if my mom knew her invitation would be responded to with such (cough) beauty - but I'm sure she had never felt so proud.
Go ahead and take one more look at this picture and savor the fact that 20 years from now our daughters and sons will be writing similar stories while wearing the outfits we drool over today. Yay for the ever evolving world of fashion. Yay for enough confidence to laugh at ourselves. But never yay for 80's fashions. I just can't do it.
(Oh and the kid is doing great - he woke up this morning 'baa-ing' like a sheep).

No comments: