Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mmm cookies....

Do you ever sit there and watch something happen, all the while your insides are screaming "Clean up that mess! Don't let it happen! Ooh there goes the flour..." Welcome to my world of making cookies with Malachi:) He has always enjoyed "helping" but even more so lately. If I give him a job to do he is content to do it for a long time. So today it was scooping flour. Not actually into the cookie dough, just scooping. And scooping. And scooping some more.
Now don't misunderstand, I am not a clean freak. Actually I almost laughed out loud right then at the thought. But as good as Malachi's aim is, it got lost every time he said anything. "Hey Mom!" equalled flour on the floor. "Mom look at me!" Another scoop on the counter. "Look at me scoop Mom!" And Jaxon (our dog) suddenly had a very nice powdered toupee. To which I responded "You're doing an awesome job bub" and I laughed.
So here's a little slide show of my ever-so-eager helper. And although I forgot to take pictures of the final product, the cookies were delicious:)



















Now that you're all sufficiently hungry, I'll satisfy your appetites with another list of all things Malachi:
  • You get smarter and smarter every day. Two nights ago you were playing cars with your dad in your room, and when you came out you showed me how subtraction and addition work with your cars. Your teacher dad was so proud:)
  • Since I already mentioned cars, I'll say that you are obsessed right now! You love anything on wheels but especially the endless supply of hot wheels at your Grandma Susie's house and your growing collection at home.
  • You skied behind the boat all by yourself on vacation. As your mom, I was freaking out (but I'm sure I acted cool as a cucumber) and you did amazing!! You skied around the entire lake and loved it!
  • You are fighting nap times and bed times right now. You usually have to be put back down a couple times before you'll stay. And you do fight it more for mom than anyone else. It's awesome.
  • You are doing so good being potty trained! We still have some poop issues but they are so so so much better.
  • The other day I commented that we needed rain, to which you said "Yeah! The grass and plants are dry and they need rain to drink through their roots!" I love your brains. And I love that you're learning from others - thanks Gma's and Gpa's, Aunts and Uncles for being such good teachers.
  • You are FAST.
  • I am SLOW.
  • We were snuggling on the couch and you felt Jericho kick you from inside my belly:) I pointed out that he had kicked you and was saying "hi!" The next day you ran up and said, "Remember when Jericho kicked me?? I want to kick him too!" I said no.
  • Your favorite Bible story is David and Goliath. We have an amazing kid's Bible that makes it easy to understand but stays really accurate. However, your favorite quote from that story is Goliath telling God's army, "I'll rip your heads off and have you on toast!" I really love when you yell that at the pool. Once more, we want to be like DAVID. Not Goliath.
  • You are going to be an amazing big brother:) You talk to my belly and hug on it and kiss it all the time. And you can't wait to teach Jericho SO many things! How about we leave Goliath out of it though?
  • I'm so proud of your manners. You do such a good job of saying "May I..." and "Please and thank you." It's amazing what a difference those little things make day to day.
Goodness. When I don't post for 4 months my lists could go on forever! The first 16 wks of this pregnancy I was extremely sick and couldn't handle looking at a computer screen. So here's hoping that the holidays/giving birth/having a newborn will provide much more free time for updates! I'll get the hang of this someday...
I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day!!!






1 comment:

markl said...

He's a GREAT kid - and you're a TERRIFIC mom! Love you!