Thursday, February 11, 2010

Clean is a relative term...

I love my son:) I love his joy, his laughter, his 'dancing,' his surprise attack and his fascination with all things loud. And I love his toys...I really do...in the sense that they entertain him and teach him and help him have fun. But my love for his toys end right about there lol. I have worked really hard to not let my house become one that is overwhelmed with toys and evidence of all things baby, but I'm pretty sure in rabbit fashion they are multiplying everytime I turn my back! And here's my latest challenge: so I thought it would be smart to buy a toy chest/ottoman storage to keep in the living room to conceal his toys and maybe provide some additional seating. So I go online and find what looks to be the perfect solution at Target! So I trek through the snow with Malachi excited to find my saving grace - and what I find at Target is a storage bench with a 5 inch padded lid (not hollow like I thought) that is now no longer big enough for what I need:P Ok, so 2 days later I try Walmart and no luck. I've looked online at Ikea, overstock.com, ebay etc etc etc and I cannot find what I need in the price that I need!!! Oh that have hundreds of options, all either too small, too plastic or too expensive. One day my living room will be reclaimed right? Right??

Frustrations aside another reason I love my son is that he loves to put things away. Show him a box or a trashcan, and he'll put everything in it - whether it fits or not. So if there are toys all over the place at least I have the youngest love of my life helping me out:)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

You're a wonderful writer, Sis. I'm so proud of your blogging!! I am brainstorming on the toy chest thing... we'll figure something out! Love you!