Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I Have a New Computer!!

Oil and water.  Popcorn and jellybeans.  Socks and sandals.  Kids and naps (for mom).  Toothpaste and orange juice.  Me and technology.

Getting the picture?

We don’t get along.  At all.  My dad and sister have this insane ability to make things work – and not just work, but do whatever they want them to do!  I, however, did not inherit that gift (much to the frustration of my hubby and myself).  I tried to warn Aaron before we got married that I was cursed, that anything electronic I touched was ultimately doomed and should be given their last meal request form.  He laughed.  Six years later, the laughing has stopped. 

Since 2007 I have had a computer that has made my.life.miserable.  I’ll spare you the gory details but that keyboard had experienced more baths in my tears than Brett Favre has thrown touch down passes.  Or retired.  Not sure which is more. 

But finally, today, I have experienced redemption:) A brand new computer that has (hesitantly) restored my hope in me and technology having an amicable relationship!  So here’s to being able to get online in less than 2 minutes, updating my blog in less than an hour and a half (you think I'm joking), and uploading pictures to fb without an emotional breakdown (Wisconsin vacation 2012 – those who were there, I apologize)!  And since I have yet to transfer all of my pictures/videos from my old computer to my new one, I’m just throwing in my absolute favorite family pictures we’ve ever taken, courtesy of my amazing seester Ginger Skillen:)

Easter2012GKids-01Easter2012GKids-02Easter2012GKids-05

Easter2012GKids-09Easter2012GKids-10

Easter2012GKids-11Easter2012GKids-03Leichners-01

Easter2012GKids-04Easter2012GKids-06

Easter2012GKids-07

Leichners-03Leichners-04

Leichners-05Leichners-06

Leichners-07Leichners-08

…so I still haven’t learned how to format my pictures so they look pretty…one step at a time.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my goodness I love you so much! Seriously, you are hilarious. Seriously. I am SO excited for you to blog more - your post just totally made my day (or week or month even)! :) I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

So this post became a lot more ironic in the days following it's publication...bleh lol

Michele said...

yay your blog!! This post is way funnier now...HA!